Monday, September 18, 2006

Going into week three of the experiment...

ok we are heading into week three...I have reflected on how I have done...Yes I have gone over the 20.00 the last two weeks (didnt the first week) WHY have I done this...two reasons...one I didnt have some things I needed, two I felt deprived...which is a stupid reason, but I felt all bound up by the 20.00 limit. This weekend, my hubby did better than the other two weekends, he didnt "need" fast food or snacks from sonic...last night we all wanted popcorn chicken, so instead of spending out the wazooo we went to the grocery and bought enough for last night and another time, along with a carton of ice cream CHEAPER than it would have been for us all to had popcorn chicken at sonic....sooo while it was over the 20.00 it was still better for the budget...this experiment has taught me lots of things...better budgeting, better planning skills. Also I have still spent less than I did last month...yeah I failed at keeping under that 20.00 mark two weeks in a row, but I have saved some money this month..sooo all in all I would still say this has been a good experiment...

~C~

2 comments:

  1. anytime you can save some money, it is worth the effort. don't get too hard on yourself. feeling deprived or depressed is probably one of the biggest reasons we overspend, overeat, over-anything!
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sandy
    http://360.yahoo.com/>%20bookwoman7_99

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:16 PM

    I'm learning some things as well. We've gone over for the last two weeks. Its making more aware of our spending. I think maybe NEXT month I am going to challenge myself to keep alllll my receipts for the month so I can really get a good picture of just WHERE our money is going.
    I know this month's challenge hasn't gone the way we thought it would....but I think we're doing great. Learning is learning! Let's keep up the good work. :o)
    Micah

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.