Thursday, October 05, 2006

okies...just some thoughts about the experiment

it went fairly well...it was harder to stick with the 20.00 limit than I thought it would be...I still ended up spending less on groceries than I would have normally...and I was able the last week of the month to stock up major on some meat...I was able to get 5 roasts that were marked down to 2.50-2.00 each and then I got a 10 pound pack of ground beef that I divided up into 8 packages...soo that was good...I am still in a saving mentality...gotta save a buck where ya can ya know..lots more home cooking going on...

~C~

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous7:50 AM

    how do you spend so little on groceries? I am amazed. Mind sharing some shopping and/or meal/cooking tips? This last week I spent about $50 for 1 weeks worth of things, and that is for a family of 4, 2 boys (ages 13 and 10), DH and me. I do cook a lot from scratch too, but can't seem to get that budget much lower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.