Saturday, July 19, 2008

Frugal veggies...

well my little garden hasnt brought forth much food wise....(one tomato) and a handful of dried beans, but I do have more tomatoes to ripe and still hoping that squash will produce..I removed it from the pot and planted it in the ground. I am thinking I will plant some cucumber seeds next week...
We have had fresh veggies however, people have shared, Dave brought home some squash, and tomatoes, new potatoes and corn that people have brought to work to share...YUMMY...my friend Sheila has given me squash and tomatoes, and the neighbor gave me squash too...sooo I am eating fresh veggies..
tonight I cooked up some purple hull peas that I had in the freezer...my husband was so happy (I dont eat peas) I also fried some squash and boiled some new potatoes and had some pork steak from the freezer...a yummy fresh summer meal, I also had fresh tomatoes..yummy...

The budget is really suffering, but hopefully some relief soon...praying so!!!

3 comments:

  1. Cindy, I just stumbled on your blog and totally feel your pain! We did garden veggie dinner last night, supplemented by hot dogs - UGH. So I'll keep you in my prayers if you'll keep me in yours....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the budget, a lot of people are really struggling now...

    As for the garden - it sounds pretty cool even if you haven't been able to eat a lot yet.

    We've got a garden too, and the squash keeps trying to grow fruit, but then it dies before it's big enough to eat. Unfortunately we don't have ground to put it in, so I am hoping some miracle grow will work...

    We've had really good luck with green beans, they didn't get to big and produced enough for about 3 meals so far. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:34 AM

    try this link again http://thealmons.com/ccblog/?p=189 I think I fixed it so you can see the pics

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.