Saturday, August 22, 2009

too much of a good thing...

so do you go to your freezer and find, WOW that sale must have been awesome, look how many ___________ (fill in the blank) I bought.

A friend and I were chatting this morning and she mentioned that they have like 4 turkeys in their freezer, mine is pork steaks (it is hard to pass up a pack for a couple of dollars) so I decided to come here and see how you, my frugal friends can come up with ways to cook turkey or pork steaks, you dont have to include a recipe, just post the name of the dish..we can google recipes. UNLESS you have a awesome one then post it!!!

So for the pork steaks, this week this is what I have done with them, we had some that were pulverized, pounded, like a minute steak and I dredged them in a coating and fried them and we served them on top of spaghetti, with sauce and mozeralla cheese, like chicken parmesian only pork parm..LOL

Tonight I am making a huge pan of pork fried rice.

We also just fry them up and eat with potatoes and gravy.

So give me some pork ideas.

When my friend mentioned her turkeys, the first thought that popped in my head was turkey tetrazini (sp) we like turkey sandwiches with steak sauce on them for zip. How about it, how do you like to serve or eat turkey??

2 comments:

  1. For either the turkey or the pork, I love to through the raw meat in the crockpot with either some fresh or canned green chilies, chopped onions, and some canned tomatoes. Add some water and salt, pepper, and chili seasoning. Then let it cook all day on low. You will have the most yummy "Pork Green Chili" or turkey if that is what you use. We eat this plain, or over rice, or as filling for enchiladas and burritos. It makes a ton and freezes really well.

    This is a family favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try marinating the pork in a mix of cumin, chili powder, garlic, lime juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and some pineapple juice for a little sweetness. marinate for a couple hours or even all day. Serves well with black beans ( I use canned when pressed for time and dress them up like I would dried) and yellow rice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.