Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Old Wives Tales...


My friend at Life in a Cordwood Cabin does a weekly post about old wive's tales, and some other online friends were talking about warts...so I wanted to post about old wives tales and warts..

here are a few I have heard...
* sell you warts, find someone who will pay a penny for them, give them the penny and they will go away
* rub a penny over the warts and throw the penny away
* tie a string around the base of the wart, tightening it, until the wart falls off
* putting duct tape over the wart until it disappears..

Share some of the wive's tales you have heard about warts...

The above image was from

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy~thank you for linking to my blog! There are so many wives tales about warts. I have heard the one about 'selling' them. I think the duct tape probably does work, by cutting off some of the air to them. My dentist told me, when I was a kid, that if I'd steal one of my grandma's dishtowels, rub it on the wart and bury the towel in my backyard, my warts would go away. Of course, I couldn't steal a dishtowel from my grandma, so no idea if it works, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have any old wives' tales about warts (even though I'm an old wife), but I love the idea of "selling" them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I wouldn't discount the duct tape idea as I had a plantars' wart for over 35 years...thanks to my DH's generosity...after a couple of weeks of duct tape tx. I got bored and quit...but one day I was washing my foot and realized there was NO wart. None, nada,nilch. It was downright spooky. This after having had it burned off, lazered off,and chemically treated to no avail.

    Was it the duct tape or the wart getting tired of living? Sure spent more than a penny trying to get rid of it..... DEE

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.