Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Eve Eve

well it is the eve of Christmas Eve.  Are you ready?  All is ready here, presents wrapped, groceries bought for special meals, and treats to be made and taken to family gathering over the weekend.  Dave does have school tomorrow, but otherwise all is ready here.  I do need some batteries for some gifts but those can be picked up tomorrow or this afternoon, and that is it.  Even the dogs have treats for the big day. 

I hope it is COLD on Christmas Day, I really dont like warm Christmas Days, I like sitting by the fire and enjoying the company of my family.  Usually there is a ball game on tv and it is going.  The boy(s) are checking out their gifts, and I am happy to just be in the midst of my beloved family.  This year is hard with John gone, we are reminded of our loss, especially at a time when family is so dear and near.  We know that he is having a smashing Christmas season in heaven, but while it makes us happy to know where he is, it doesnt make it easier to have our earthly Christmas without him.  If we cross your mind on Christmas Day whisper a prayer for us all. 

God bless You all and Merry Christmas

3 comments:

  1. A sweet post, Miss Cindy! Yes, I think all is ready here. I ordered a gift that never showed up~but that's not what it's all about, so I'm not making that big a deal of it. Hubby has to work tomorrow, but hopefully only for a few hours.

    And yes, Christmas morning, I'll remember you and your family in my prayers. Have a wonderful Christmas as we celebrate the birth of that precious baby in the manger!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...if you're weather is anything like ours (and I bet it is looking at the radar) christmas is white and pretty cold.
    We had our family christmas tonight (christmas eve) and will have christmas with hubby's mom and dad tomorrow. I'm still not caught up on all my christmas goodie making either. Guess I will make it throughout the rest of the year :) Merry Chistmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I said a prayer for you Cindy. We were warm and snowless... hope you had better weather...translation, snow...:D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.