Saturday, October 09, 2010

Cooking/Baking in batches...

Today I had to make some cakes for our ladies bakesale, so I decided I would make four cakes, and then to help it not be an all day affair of baking, and heating up the apartment, I decided I would make 2 recipes and 2 cakes each, and bake them together.  So I pulled out my supplies and worked assembly line style, flouring both pans at one time, then mixing them up and baking them...Doing this made my actual work time (including clean up) only about 2 hours and 30 minutes for four cakes. 

I am not into once a month cooking but I have thought several times about freezing some things I made alot of, for example biscuits, my dh and son love biscuits and I make them very often, so I have thought of making the biscuits and flash freezing them, then putting them in a bag and pulling out what I need when I need it.  I know you can now buy frozen biscuits, so I think this would work, if anyone has tried this please leave a comment to let me know how it works..

~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.