Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I know I know...

I have been HORRIBLE about posting lately.  It has been wild around here, preparing for VBS and now it is VBS week, but I just wanted to drop by and say Howdy!!  It is HOT around here.  Officially we are in the dog days of summer.  The heat and heat indexes are breaking 100 degrees daily and it is just too hot to do much except hurry in and out doors if you have to go out.  To help keep down the utility bills, we run fans to stir the air.  Moving air is just cooler than still air.  Also a wet towel around your neck helps greatly.  I like to keep a wet face cloth on hand to wipe my face every so often, it cools me down.  Of course it dont work on makeup days ROFL!!!  So my tip for today is stay cool, stay hydrated!! 

OHHh just adding here, hydration is a big issue for me, because I feel like I am drowning when it gets hot, so adding orange slices to my lemonade  or my ice water helps alot.  Get creative with your water, tea and lemonade!! Oranges, strawberries, cherries and lemons add wonderful tastes to everything! 

Have a good one!!
Stay cool, stay safe!

~C~

1 comment:

  1. Hey Cindy! Long time no hear...thought that I would drop by and check out your blog. I love Orange slices in my water! It is a nice change from lemon or lime. I have recently discovered True Lime and Tue Lemon and True Orange. They come in little packets that equal a wedge of the fruit. It is freeze dried crystals. While in the freezed dried form they taste a little sweet but put them in your water and they taste just like you squeezed it fresh into your water!

    Well take care!

    Shanin

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.