Saturday, August 26, 2006

"The Experiment" preperations...

OK I have been assessing my cupboard and my freezer for what I need to make it thru this month of limited buying...I will do my final shopping on Thursday the 31st...

on the list...mac and cheese, ramen noodles, some meat (I will watch the clearance bin this week also)toliet paper, and cheese and some pinto beans and prolly a few more cans of green beans.(block cheese, we dont eat much sliced cheese)ohh and mustard, and a bag of flour and a bag of sugar....

what I did this during this weeks shopping to prepare for the experiment...I bought 4 pounds of low fat cooked ham (for sandwiches) froze 3 pounds of it for the month bought four packages of diapers on marked down discontinued (2.99 pack)these are for my son who was born with his bladder on the outside of his body. I bought tea for 69 cents after using my coupon. I also got a 3 pound bag of pinto beans, and cooked a huge pot of them today...we had beans and fried potatoe and corn bread for dinner tonight, tomorrow as I get around and get ready for church I will put them back in the crock, and add sausage and cajun seasonings for red beans and rice for lunch..another favorite here..

My hubby has brought home 30 bags of cookies (given to him free) so the boys will have MORE than enough to snack on...MORE than enough...

I will share what we eat during this time here....

1 comment:

  1. How about Pasta, sauce, rice for your list... make sure your cleaning products and detergents have enough for the month if not add them to your list.

    If you use any OTC's check that stock as well.

    Coffee, any seasonings you might be low on?

    Buy 5 lb bag of onions....you can dice and freeze them

    Look for turkeys on sale...get good amounts of meat off of them if you like turkey

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.