Friday, September 01, 2006

The Challenge (Experiment) Begins....

ok it is Sept 1 and today begans our using up what we have, no spending, (with the exception of 20.00 week for fresh milk, breada and fruit)...now I didnt do a HUGE stock up for this challenge, I did spend a little extra (prolly about 20.00 over my normal budget) for the past two weeks to stockpile a bit...

so here is what I am starting out the month with...
in the freezer I have 4 (3/4ths pounds in each pack) packs of hamburger
4 package of pork chops or pork steaks each weighing 3 or 4 pounds each
2 one pound package of imitation crab meat
4 packs of catfish (each weighing aobut 3 pounds)we eat a meal off one pack
2 packs of beef steaks (cheap cuts I crockpot cook)
2 chicken breasts
4 pound bag of fryer thighs
one pack of quarters
1 pack of mystery meat (not a clue what this is)...LOL
3 frozen ham bones for beans
3 pounds boiled ham (sandwich meat)
1 pound turkey (sandwich meat)
8 frozen burritos
7 packs of frozen purple hull peas
11 packs of frozen corn (creamed adn on the cob)
3 packs frozen squash
2 packs of frozen tomato sauce
3 pounds of blueberries
8 pounds of shelled pecans
10 pounds frozen bananas
2 extra large loaves (pound and half) of wheat bread

in the pantry I have
24 cans of green beans
6 cans pinto beans
7 cans of mixed veggies
2 cans evaporated milk
12 cans tomato sauce
9 cans of peas
6 cans of corn
4 cans of soup (different varietys)
2 cans ofpeaches
4 cans of apple sauce
2 cans of cream of chicken soup
4 cans of carrots
2 cans of spinach
2 cans of sweet potatoes
1 can of white potatoes
2 cans of tuna
2 cans of potted meat
4 boxes of cereal
one large container of oatmeal
one huge cannister of rice
3 cans of pringles
2 pounds of dried pintos
1 pound dried black eye peas
1 box of rotini pasta
1 box of penne pasta
3 boxes of spaghetti
9 package of ramen noodles
8 boxes mac n cheese
4 bottles ketchup
6 bottles of salad dressing (not mayo this is fat free dressing for salads)
1 bottle mustard
1 extra bottle of soy sauce
1 bottle of olive oil
1 and half bottles vegetable oil
any type of spice I need for cooking I make my own taco seasoning using cumin and chili powder and onion powder I also make my own spaghetti sauce using italian seasonig and garlic powder
I have extra box of salt, and lots of black pepper
coffee, creamer, artificial sweetner, (this is all for dave)
I have like 10 boxes of jello and pudding mixes
3 jars of peanut butter
I also have about 12 jars of home canned jellys and jams
powdered and brown sugar
1 box of cinnamon graham crackers
1 box of chocolate graham crackers
23 bags of cookies (that was daves bringing home spree from the week before they have eaten 7 bags of cookies, only 15-18 cookies in each bag)
1 xtra box of tea plus a full cannister of tea
1 xtra bottle of bbq sauce
2 bottles of pancake syrup
in the cannisters I have sugar and flour (**I need to buy a bag of each today)
in the refrigerator...
I have 3 full dozen of eggs and part of another dozen
I have a package of bacon that I will cook ahead for my hubbys breakfast
I have a extra tub of butter
I have 2 or 3 pounds of cheddar cheese
milk (half a gallon) will buy a gallon today
all the condiments
and left overs from this week (we are having smorgasboard for dinner tonight)
int he bathrooms I have plenty of soap and toothpaste, extra toothbrushes, shampoo and toliet paper and feminine products and extra bladder control things for Jarrod (3 packs)

I think that we will do just fine with all this on hand..all I need to pick up today is milk and bag of sugar and flour...we only use about a 4 pound bag of sugar per month now since dave and I dont drink sweet tea..only the boys do, this from using one and half bags each week..
~C~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.