Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Some tips...

I am not a OAMC fan...but I have some ideas on saving time and having "ready" made meals...by prepping as you freeze...Some ideas...are making meatloafs and freeze them all mixed up in a pan lined with saran then pop out of pan and into freezer bag after they are frozen (to prepare I would bake them frozen and bake at lower temps for longer time)...or seasoning your steaks and pork chops with all the seasonings as you put them in the freezer bags, then they will marinate as they defrost. Or there are all types of sticky chicken ideas where you freeze your chicken in bbq sauce or sweet and sour sauce or honeymustard sauce and then pop into a crock pot to cook...How about soups?? Mix up your soup and freeze and then you could just pop it into a crockpot...I think the ideas here could be endless and great time savers during dinner preparation and also menu planning too..

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:29 PM

    I like the new look Cindy! I'm not a fan of OAMC either, because my family doesn't care for frozen meals too much, except for things like frozen corn and french fries LOL! I try to prepare up a little extra hamburger or chop some extra lettuce etc. for another meal as I go along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:09 PM

    I try and brown up a lot of ground turkey at one time.....I cook it with onions, salt and pepper and then once it's cooked I season some for tacos and freeze that. The rest, I freeze into portion sizes that I need for spaghetti, lasagna, etc. Then just defrost it and it saves time.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.