Saturday, January 26, 2008

Today we went to big town...

and got out of the house for some me and hunny time, we hit Savalot and got some canned goods, but that was all, it is funny Anna commented about wishing she had better prices in her small town, well my small town has better prices than big town, cheapest milk we could find there was 4.44 a gallon for 2% at Wally, I get it for 3.89 a gallon here for every day price. Eggs are cheaper here too, so was sugar. I think you have to know your prices in order to know whether prices are good. Today I also got a free one touch blood glucose monitor it was on sale for 14.99 and I had a 20.00 off coupon, I did have to pay sales tax though which was 1.20 not bad though. Neither of us are diabetic but both of us have really bad family history of diabetes, and should keep a eye and free helps that to happen.
Sooo I also got two blouses for clearance for 3.00 (cant even get them that cheap at most thrift stores these days) and a pair of blue slacks for 5.00 I am rough on shirts so those were needed, and I didnt have any navy slacks but now I do. Ohh I also found 2 Terri Blackstock novels for 25 cents each at Salvation Army thriftstore. Now I am going to take a nap cause I am tired.
~C~

OKies I came back to add something about why I think the prices in my town are good, we have 2 dollar stores that also sell a variety of groceries and 5 convience stores too, and they all carry milk too, so I think that helps keep the prices lower too..

4 comments:

  1. Interestingly in my small town, our prices are much higher than in town---35 miles away. Here, a dozen eggs is $2.49; Walmart 35 miles away $1.87. Milk is much cheaper there too.

    Yes, 35 miles is a long way to drive; we go once a month. I do fill in here with Dollar General and occasionally our local grocery for produce (a rare occasion).

    You are very fortunate to have such a wonderfully priced little town grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. $3.89 is a really good price for milk, ours is in the $4.00 range for generic and $5 for mayfield.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We live near a mid-sized city, and it's funny how much the prices vary. If I go to the W-M closest to me, milk is $4.20 a gallon. If I go to the one across town, it's $3.80 a gallon. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you have a CVS close to you? They have been giving away diabetes monitors this month. Actually you make $10 and spend nothing when you get one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.