Friday, April 11, 2008

OHHHHHHHHH dagggum it all to peices...

ya know you think wow, things are going good and then ya do something totally bonehead stupid...wellll I did it this week, actually I didnt do it this week, it just caught up to me this week, We use our debit cards alot, and my hubby did 3 charges week before last that he told me about and I didnt write down, smack dab stupidly forgot...and it finally caught up to me on a week that things were tight, soooo thank goodness I have OD protection and nothing was returned, but I still have to pay the dratted bank charges...so I have stressed to him, highly stressed, PLEASE make sure you see me write it down, dont just tell me, watch me do it. Or write it yourself...but please dont walk in the door and tell me (most of the time I am in the middle of cooking or doing something) I dont remember...81.00 later I remember *sad face* THINK of all the things, groceries I could have bought with 81.00 I mean truthfully I could have bought 4 weeks worth of meat (on the 5 for 19.95 sale the stores have around here in town)*sigh* *sigh*...however I can beat myself up, and mope and pout...but life MUST go on, lesson must be learned!!! Sooo a good thing is we are stocked up on groceries and we dont have to have anything but bread and milk for the week, so that will be savings there. soo learn from my lesson, and my pathetic memory..LOL

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:09 PM

    Oh, I have done the same thing many many times. I finally had to give up my card and go back to the old fashioned writing method at the stores!

    -hillbillygal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Cindy,
    I feel your pain...been there done that.

    ~hmsclmom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Cindy,
    I feel your pain...been there done that.

    ~hmsclmom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous12:18 PM

    We don't have debit cards, thank goodness cuase I KNOW we sould forget to write those transacions in. I often forget to write check amounts in, but that is just a matter of waiting a day or two and checking with the bank for the amount.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Same thing (almost) happened to DH and I. Luckily he looked at our balance online and called me to tell me not to debit anything more that week!

    Life is always a learning experience!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.