Monday, December 01, 2008

Homemade Christmas...

our homeschool group is doing a Christmas exchange and it is a homemade exchange so I thought I would post some of the ideas that I know are being done..by a close friend, (we arent participating, due to conflicts in schedules) also I will share some pictures of some of the homemade gifts I have made over the years..
Scarves, a popular one is a pom pom scarf..I made my pom poms but the original idea I saw at Family magazine used store bought pom poms. Here is a picture..


some more ideas my friends girls took fleece fabric that is the color of deer skin, sewed a tube the length of a scarf, cut fringes on the ends then threaded with beads, a very lovely scarf, her oldest daughter made a jean scarf, also, they found a wooden brush and wood burned on it, and made homemade hair scrunchies. I am also decorating mini composition books for my nieces and some friends.
For boy gifts use a peice of leather or suede and make a homemade wallet, you can use a wood burning tool to burn a design on suede too. The wooden brush idea would be cool with a animal burned on it. Crocheted hats and scarves make good homemade boy gifts too. OHH and a super cool boy/man gift would be a homemade remote bag/caddy that would hang over the arm of the sofa...
Also a homemade ornament is a wonderful gift too..I love ornaments..so any kind of ornament is a great gift for me..
a couple of more gifts I have made...one of these is a lap quilt that folds into a pillow, and the other is a scarf I made for one of my neices last year..




please share some of your homemade gift ideas with us...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.