Thursday, January 08, 2009

Been a while since I blogged...

sooooo what are you guys up to?? what are you doing to save money?? Trying to regroup from the Holidays??

Well the tree is still up here...yeppers it sure is...might come down this weekend...we shall see. I have been crocheting and knitting (on looms) alot lately so I have started planning some gifts for next year...

remember the cute little drawstring purses, well I have made a couple of them for some friends, but I had a though of making a fabric liner with pockets to sew inside of one of these bags for make up brushes viola a makeup bag...so I think I will work on some of those for the neices. And I am thinking of some suede (or faux suede) fabric to make grooming kits, for my nephews..I have it in my head..to just get it to fabric..LOL
I think if I can remember to buy one gift each month for the gift drawer, it will really help reduce the costs of gifts (watching clearance sales) and impulse buys at Christmas time...thus saving money

on the grocery front, eating meatless meals is a great way to save money...sooo your thinking what can I eat that is meatless...so here are a few ideas..

Red beans and rice
Baked ravoli and french bread (cheese ravoli)
Potato soup and biscuits
Loaded baked potatoes (we like to top ours with baked beans for the protein)
Biscuits and gravy
Biscuits and eggs
Pancakes and eggs
Bean burritos and spanish rice
Vegetable stir-fry (add tofu for protein and to make it filling)
taco salad made with refried beans instead of meat
tostados with refried beans...
that is just a few ideas...post some of your meatless meal ideas..
~C~

1 comment:

  1. I like your idea of the gift drawer and not waiting until next November or December to shop. Your purses sound cute. It's hard to stretch a dollar these days, but you're proving it can be done.
    Blessings,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.