Tuesday, September 08, 2009

today..I made..

salsa. 10 jars of salsa..YUMMY..we love salsa at our house..my mom and dad gave me the tomatoes, and peppers from their garden, all I had to buy was an onion (less than 69 cents) a bunch of cilantro (79 cents) and a lemon (33 cents) Everything else I had on hand, including the jars, the canning lids,and rings. This is the second time I have made salsa and I really didnt follow a recipe per se I just put what I had in it, added salt, vinegar, etc..and tasted it and it was good, then I cooked it a bit, not long and ladled it into my jars and then hot water bathed them. We eat it super duper fast LOL so maybe this will last us a while...(lol maybe)

I love making things like this, where I can see the fruits of my labor..wish I had some apples for apple butter..

~C~

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy, Your salsa sounds wonderful and so easy to make! I will have to try making this for my family.
    Thank you so much for leaving your lovely comment on my blog! It is so nice to meet you! I'm really glad you stopped by so I could visit you!
    Thanks for entering in my giveaway, Good Luck!
    Hugs, Carol Anne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds wonderful! Our tomatoes are just now really starting to produce well (I planted them in May!), so I'm hoping to put up a few jars of salsa, too.

    Ours won't last long, either!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.