Monday, October 12, 2009

Rainy Monday...

Another rainy and cool day here in the state. Definitely fall is in the air. The servants of the house are doing their work efficiently. I have laid out pork steaks for supper.

Friday and Saturday I did a stock up. We were out of many many things and it was time to stock up. I have enough meat, and protein (think beans and canned salmon) to cook about 24 meals, I also have enough veggies for that many meals too. I have sugar and flour in the freezer, and full cannisters also, I have toliet paper, and cleaning supplies, I have laundry soap and dishwashing liquid...all stocked up for a while..

Now I need to do some menu plans. I know I need to make chicken and dumplings, that was requested last week by my son, and I had no chicken. I also want to try a new soup recipe I found in a magazine. Creamy Corn soup with ham. Sounded yummy!!It is supposed to remain cool all week so it looks like soup time is a good thing. I also will make a pot of beans, we havent had them in a while. So there is 3 meals to add to my plan there. What is your favorite soup?? Please leave a comment and share!

3 comments:

  1. homemade beef stew. Here's my recipe on my blog:
    http://kolfinnaskorner.smellygoodstuffs.com/blog/?p=110

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should also mention homemade chili....we're having it this week: http://kolfinnaskorner.smellygoodstuffs.com/blog/?p=600

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cindy~can you believe how cool (cold!) it is out there?! I think I'm going to have to build a fire in another hour or so.

    I made some chicken vegetable soup for lunch~no recipe, just throw in leftovers, LOL! I think that our favorite soup is taco soup. I usually make up a crock pot of mixed beans to save on buying the canned ones.

    I wish I could stock up on paper items, but we seem to go through them pretty fast. I'll be making my monthly 'big' shopping trip by the end of the week--if it stops raining, that is!

    Come sign up for my giveaway:)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.