Thursday, October 01, 2009

Thursday October 1

Wow, where has this year gone?? I know personally for me, the year has has sort of been lost in depression and grief. I never expected that 2009 would bring tragedy to my family. I never expected to loose my youngest son, to a dangerous horrible "game" (www.chokinggame.net) But these things happen to the best of us. We learn how to live life differently, we learn just how much time at home is ok, and when it is time to get out among other folk, for our own sanity sake.
Life happens, either you live it or you don't!! Not living life is hard, barely existing is hard. God did not create us to live that way, he created us to have abundant life. Even more abundant is what the Scriptures, say.

This post was not started to be a sermonette, LOL. I just stopped by to check in for the day. What is happening in your homes today? It is very overcast here, looks like the sky may just open up and rain buckets. It is still nice and cool, just cloudy. Makes me want chili, yes chili. I believe I will make a pot of chili (with 99 cents a pound ground beef, love those manager specials)for supper tonight. I didnt menu plan this week (bad Cindy) So I kind of have just flown by the seat of my pants, but I have cooked every night. Monday night we had bacon sandwiches, Tuesday night we had chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy, Last night was tuna casserole, green beans, and homemade biscuits. Tonight is chili. Hmmmm I think I will have Dave stop for a bag of fritos and then we can have frito chili pies..YUMMY!!

My friend Linda loves chili, in fact I don't think I know anyone who loves it more than she does.

I hope you are all having a blessed day, please leave a comment and share your day!!

Today's HINT The holidays are fastly approaching, which means shopping for presents, for decorations and for holiday cooking, before you start out, Take stock of what you have. Do you have gifts in your gift drawer that would work for presents? Do you have a turkey in your freezer that really needs cooked? Why buy more? Take stock and make a list of what you do have, so you will not buy repeats!!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8:29 AM

    Don't forget the Frito Chili Cheese flavor for frito pies! NOM NOM NOM
    Love
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. kltork@yahoo.com3:09 PM

    hello Cindy its ironic .i just sent an update to day to on our life for the last 6 months since we lost Kevin to the same thing. You made me hungry.lol yes life keeps moving fwd and if you turn it over to God he drives the bus of life for us..I ma so happy to hear that your are healing as well and may god continue to shine down upon you and your family.I wonder if He likes Fritos in his chilli. Ill ask him one day.
    ken kathy kevin & kelly

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.