Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Holidays and Grieving

my friend RoseMary has a post on her blog about a little Christmas tree on the side of the road
near  where she lives, and it turns out it is decorated by a grieving daddy.

Now this is our first Christmas without our son John, and my friend Loni is
approaching the 5th anniversary date of her son's death. 

Truthfully this path is not one I would wish on my worst enemy, there are days I want to lay down and just go to sleep and wake up in the arms of Jesus.  If you know someone grieving the loss of a child just say a prayer for them.  The holidays are hardest.


I did manage to get up one of the trees I normally put up, hoping next week I will be able to put up the main tree. I know that Christmas is not about decorations, nor is it about all the doo dads and stuff, I love the Christmas season and decorating my home for the holiday has always been a love of mine I just dont have it in me right now..
I know this isnt a happy post..or a tip post..but it is my heart today...
God Bless You All!

My baby boy....Forever with Jesus!!


Taken at Granny's last year at our family Christmas dinner.

2 comments:

  1. My prayers are surely with you, Cindy. I can't imagine how hard this must be for your family. I know that the Lord will hold your hand through all of it.

    My pastor's wife told me that the hardest thing after their daughter died, was getting her joy back. For so long it was like going through the motions of everything. But finally, she feels the joy in her life that she used to have. God is always so good to us~I know that He will take care of you through all of this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. May God bless you and your family during this holiday season, Cindy! May you all remember the happy times that you had with John.Remember that he is with God and that they are both with you. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.