Monday, April 18, 2011

Today's project

So I have been seeing urns everywhere in decorating catalogs, magazines, etc.  So today I found one, it was gold and had a topiary in it...DID not like the gold, nor the flowers out they came and out came my trusty paint brush and foam brush.. and the stain can for the highlights...

Here is all finished, sorry I forgot to take a before picture...

not the best picture sorry!!!

The best part, is I thrifted this urn for 2.00, I had the paint and stain already...so a pretty for a couple of bucks and all told about a hour in time of painting (two coats of paint, one coat of stain)

3 comments:

  1. Turned out very nice! Great job on the urn and on the thrifting, both! Hope you're having a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Doesn't it make you excited about all the great yard sales and thrifting opportunities spring brings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great. My heart aches for your son. I keep hearing about this choking game and will educate my sons about the harms of such pranks. God bless.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.