- Vegetable soup
- potato soup (a small bit of bacon or ham, or using a ham bullion base, can add lots of flavor to this meal)
- Bean soup
- Dumplings are great fillers use them in chicken and dumplings add extra dumplings and use less chicken, use a good rich chicken broth to make up for less meat.
- Also use dumplings in chinese soups
Another meal that you can make that uses little meat...
- I scramble up two sausage patties, add scrambled eggs (just a couple) mix with cooked rice, top with a bit of cheese and salsa, yummy dish
- I also do this with left over meat (like a pork chop or peice of chicken), adding mixed veggies to the rice mixture, putting in some soy sauce to season.
Something else we have eaten alot is baked potatoes
- topped with bean chili and cheese
- also baked potatoes topped with broccoli and cheese
- baked potatoes topped with baked beans and coleslaw are delicious also.
Dont forget pasta
- Macaroni and cheese
- Pasta salad (add a bit of cheese or meat to make this a main dish)
- Pasta and sauce with no meat or minimal meat if you cannot go completely meatless
- Try this,, large slices of zuchinni breaded and fried, then prepare spaghetti and sauce and put the slices of zuchinii on your spaghetti top with sauce and cheese for zuchinni parmesian.
- Zuchinni can be cubed and added to sauce and put in lasagna for a vegetable lasagna
- Cheese pizza (make your own crust)
- Vegetable pizza, peppers, onions, olives, mushrooms.
- spinach pizza
- Pepperoni pizza (any meat pizza is welcomed here
- Chicken spaghetti, with rolls and salads
- Lasagna, Green Beans, Garlic bread sticks
- Chicken and Dumplings, Biscuits
- Baked Pork Chops, Rice, Carrots
- Fried Fish, French Fries, Hushpuppies
- Baked Chicken, Mashed potatoes, peas.
- Enchilada Casserole, green salad.
- Chili over baked potatoes with cheese, sour cream, onions
- Chili Dogs with french fries
- Shrimp alfredo, green beans, garlic bread
- Fried potatoes, pinto beans, salt pork, fried okra
- Chicken Fried Steak with mashed potatoes and gravy, with bread
- Pancakes with bacon and eggs
- Chocolate gravy, sausage, biscuits
- Biscuits and gravy with sausage, hash browns
- Fried Chicken with mashed potatoes, carrots, bread
- Grilled Steak, baked potato, salad, texas toast
- Turkey salad roll ups with veggie sticks and ranch dressing
- Chicken and Dressing with Gravy, Mashed potatoes and green beans.
Some side dishes:
- Hashbrown casserole (google it)
- Cold Spaghetti Salad
- Broccoli Salad
- Corn Salad
- Corn Bread Salad
- Tabouli salad
- Macaroni salad,
- Red potato salad
- Baked/fried apples
- Mac and cheese
More Dinner Ideas
- Fajita nachos - prepare fajita meat and refried beans and serve over chips...delish.. Use any kind of meat, chicken, beef, pork, we had these recently with pork steaks cut into strips and cooked fajita style with yellow and red peppers
- Chicken enchilas, refried beans and salad
- Beef enchiladas (same as above)
- Taco salad with refried beans
- Chili meat served over spaghetti with breadsticks and a side salad
- Spanish chicken (saw this on Sandra Lee) served over rice, with veggies (she fried her chicken golden brown, then place on top of peppers, and onions and topped it with a tomato paste rue or gravy, cooked on low for 4 hours in her crock pot) How I make it is to put skinless boneless chicken in my crockpot and pour in a jar of salsa or a can of rotel tomatoes, and cook on low till tender
- Spanish steak (I do it the same way as I do MY spanish chicken) serve with rice and usually pinto beans (I am not a big bread fan but corn bread would be good with this)
- Sub pizzas open sub rolls and top with pizza sauce, and toppings and bake until cheese is melted, eat with side salad or chips.
- Chicken tenders, with potatoes and gravy.
- Grilled ka-bobs on the grill with veggies. Also served with augratin potatoes.
- Chicken alfredo served with garlic bread and green beans