Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Frugal Busters...

ACK...I have a frugal buster, and it came to me this morning as I made a quick run to the store. My frugal buster is living 3 blocks from the store, it means I can just make a quick run to grab something I am out of, and that turns into 20.00 nearly everytime, that is busting the budget of 60.00 a week for groceries, I have been to the store 3 times in the past 5 days..NOT good, not good at all. I am going to have to buckle down and keep my trips to once a week, even better yet once ever two weeks would really be better. I was reading a article by Mary Hunt in a magazine yesterday where she suggests trying to go to the store less, says that most people think along the lines of if they go once a week and spend a $100, then if they go once every two weeks they would spend $200, but she says most of the time it ends up that you end up spending about $150, so you end up saving money...sooo I may have to try this out, I normally allow 60 a week so if I cut it down to going once every two weeks maybe I could spend only 100 for the two weeks, that would be 20 savings. So do you have frugal busters at your house?? If so I would love to hear about them.
~Cindy~