Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Frugal Busters...

ACK...I have a frugal buster, and it came to me this morning as I made a quick run to the store. My frugal buster is living 3 blocks from the store, it means I can just make a quick run to grab something I am out of, and that turns into 20.00 nearly everytime, that is busting the budget of 60.00 a week for groceries, I have been to the store 3 times in the past 5 days..NOT good, not good at all. I am going to have to buckle down and keep my trips to once a week, even better yet once ever two weeks would really be better. I was reading a article by Mary Hunt in a magazine yesterday where she suggests trying to go to the store less, says that most people think along the lines of if they go once a week and spend a $100, then if they go once every two weeks they would spend $200, but she says most of the time it ends up that you end up spending about $150, so you end up saving money...sooo I may have to try this out, I normally allow 60 a week so if I cut it down to going once every two weeks maybe I could spend only 100 for the two weeks, that would be 20 savings. So do you have frugal busters at your house?? If so I would love to hear about them.
~Cindy~

2 comments:

  1. My frugal buster is my fiance. When we are out of something I try to wait until my next visit but he tries to be nice and says he'll go now. One day he went out three times for me! Way too much gas considering we are about 9 miles from the nearest grocery store!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:26 AM

    This may sound like a bad thing, but I don't like looking at sale papers. They offer me things that we don't use/need for a cheap price. I also don't use/collect coupons, unless they are for an item I buy anyway (not many coupons for store brand stuff, which is about all we get). I only shop once a week....unless I forget something then I go and get that one thing, usually nothing else.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.