Friday, February 22, 2008

Just some thoughts...

I have heard rumblings around about the government making changes in lots of areas in order to be more green, for example discontinueing the top loading washing machines, and today I heard that after 09 that they are only going to make fluroscent light bulbs and I was really thinking about that fact...I have real doubts about how green that is, I do use a few compact fluorscent bulbs but not many..How green can it be when you can not dispose of them in your regular trash, how green is it when if you break one, you have to keep kids away from it and open windows due to the mercury in the bulbs?? Also there is the side effects, a friend has talked about how bad her migraines have gotten since they changed to fluroscent bulbs. It made me wonder if that is why my migraines have increased in the past two years. Sooo it just makes me wonder how many ideas that we dont have any say in, are being made by our government. Please know I am not anti-government but I have real questions about decisions being made that are supposed to help our nation but arent. So wanna share your thoughts on this??

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:14 PM

    Hi Cindy,
    I know that some people are extra sensitive to the flickering in fluroscent bulbs, which can cause headaches. Others can't even see the flickering. I'd never heard about the mercury issue with breaking them, but I know that most holistic health practitioners consider them a bad idea in terms of chi in the body - bad energy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:20 PM

    I am with you all the way with this post! How can they in good consience regulate the usage of these bulbs that contain such a poisonous material. How is that BETTER???

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.