Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Designer Meatloaf

Back in the good old days, when you could buy ground beef for under a dollar pound, I used to cook with it alot...ROFL...I created some recipes of sort.  I love meatloaf, but this was a bit of a different take on meat loaf...There really isnt a recipe per se, just some adding and mixing in things with a meatloaf recipe. 

So here is what I would do, I would take my ground beef and add an egg, and then some oats or crackers for filling and binding purposes, then I would add garlic powder, onion powder and Italian seasonings, like oregano, basil, etc.  then I would pat this out on a large cookie sheet and lay a couple of cups of grated mozarella cheese down the center then I would bring up the sides and roll it jelly roll style and bake..DELISH!! 

Of course you know me, I don't stop there, then I toke the same concept, but rather than Italian seasonings I added taco seasoning and cheddar cheese, or I sometimes added chili powder and cheddar cheese.  The ideas are endless, you could add things like olives, mushrooms, onions, peppers, all sorts of things to this concept. 
Take it and make it your own!! Let me know what you did to make it your designer "meat loaf"

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cindy! That sounds yum! Even hubby, who hates meatloaf (but will eat meatballs made like meatloaf) said it sounded good. I may have to try this sometime.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.