Monday, January 10, 2011

Hurricane Lamps




These have become very popular online I have made 5 of them, this is one of my large ones on a tall candlestick.



I love making them, they are super easy, but what is fun now is finding unique vases and candlesticks to put together. And of course we all know my frugal side comes out there too, so I scour Thrift stores for my unique vases and candlesticks. The picture above was made with a dollar vase from the dollar tree and a tall candlestick I bought in a thrift store for fifty cents.



The next vase is made from a candlestick and and vase from a thrift store, each costing fifty cents. And it is filled with 3.00 worth of Christmas clearance stuff. LOL





Back to edit....
I glue the vase and the candlesticks together using rubber cement, I have even used super glue. Recommended online glue is T-6000 (or something like that) or gorilla glue.  I have had good luck using the rubber cement or the gel super glue.

5 comments:

  1. I was thinking more like the oil lamps when I seen the title. We have a couple and used to use them all the time many years back. I'd like to get back into the habit again. One of the many things on my "to do" list. :-) These are very pretty by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:51 AM

    Cindy,

    How do you make keep the vase and the candle holder together? Do you glue it?

    Thanks, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:21 PM

    I'm a follower of your blog through Google Reader and hardly ever get to comment, but I had to stop over and see this post! These are cute! I LOVE simple decor and they can easily be used simply OR with more embellishments. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the top one! I think that we might use this for a ladies night out craft! Thanks Cindi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the one by the door! It is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment on Cindy's Tips and Hints, please note any comments with profanity will be deleted, also spam comments will be deleted.